Sylacauga High School's College & Career Academies offer programs in varying areas of study, providing challenging and enriching opportunities that will prepare students for both college and careers.
Click on the videos below to find out more about some of the Career & Technical Education programs at Sylacauga High School!
Why Career and Technical Education?
(Check out these stats from the Association of Career and Technical Education.)
- High school students involved in CTE are more engaged, perform better and graduate at higher rates.
- 81% of high school dropouts say relevant, real-world learning opportunities would have kept them in high school.
- The average high school graduation rate for students in CTE programs is 93%, compared to an average national freshman graduation rate of 80%.
- More than 75% of high school CTE students pursue postsecondary education shortly after high school.
Director of Workforce Development: Mrs. Deana Goodwine
Career Coach: Missy Middlebrooks
Ms. Kaitlyn Sutton- Business Management & Administration
Mrs. Jennifer Kirkland - Health Science
Mr. Jake Elliff - Audio/Video Technology - Television Production
Mr. Jimmy Reynolds - Audio/Video Technology - Commercial Photography
Mrs. Amy Vineyard - Restaurant, Food & Vending; Education & Training
- Business Management & Administration; Finance; Computer Science