These courses are designed to give high school students an opportunity to prepare for collegiate studies and careers in the fields of Business and Finance. Emphasis is placed on a college preparatory curriculum that is directly linked to the business world. To get started in the program, students are provided with hands-on skills in graphic design, digital photography, web publishing, and digital video production.
Business Technology Application, Accounting, and Marketing principles are opportunities where students will learn basic marketing concepts. Third-year students will choose from options like Advanced BTA, Advanced Accounting, and Business Essential, where students learn the fundamentals behind business opportunities.
Senior year, students can choose from AP Computer Science, Senior Project, and Work-Based Learning, which is designed to prepare them for their future.
Career and Technical Student Organization
Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta Lambda, Inc. (FBLA-PBL) is the largest career student organization in the world. Each year, FBLA-PBL helps over 230,000 members prepare for careers in business.
Our mission is to bring business and education together in a positive working relationship through innovative leadership and career development programs.
FBLA-PBL's programs focus on:
- Leadership Development—members develop essential soft skills by holding chapter officer positions at the local, state, and national levels; by networking with accomplished business professionals; and by participating in business-focused workshops, seminars, and academic competitions.
- Academic Competitions—members demonstrate their business expertise at high-profile regional, state, and national competitive events. The top students are recognized with trophies and cash awards. Learn more about FBLA, PBL, and FBLA-Middle Level competitive events.
- Educational Programs—members create career portfolios, enhance their knowledge with world-recognized skills certifications, and have access to select college scholarships. Learn more about educational programs for FBLA, PBL, and FBLA-Middle Level.
- Membership Benefits—members receive exclusive discounts and enhanced benefits for travel, education, and more. Learn about the benefits available to FBLA, PBL, and FBLA-Middle Level members.
- Community Service—members work with the March of Dimes to help end premature births by participating in awareness campaigns and the March for Babies fundraiser. Discover how FBLA, PBL, and FBLA-Middle Level members support the March of Dimes.
- Awards & Recognition—members build a portfolio of accomplishments with a wide range of awards programs. Learn more about FBLA, PBL, and FBLA-Middle Level awards programs.